Welcome to the
Friends of Keston Common
(incorporating Ravensbourne Open Space and Padmall Wood)
Our Aims are:
- To help to secure and promote the conservation and protection of Keston Common, Ravensbourne Open Space and Padmall Wood.
- To promote its use as a place for quiet, informal enjoyment, recreation and study.
- To help with practical conservation through voluntary action for the benefit of wildlife and the community under the supervision of The Landscape Group (main contractor to the London Borough of Bromley) and its professional staff.
- To assist in providing an educational experience for the general public in the history, natural history and biodiversity of Keston Common.
- To maintain a sound financial base and seek other funding or donations to further activities which meet the above aims and objectives.
Supporters give what time they can spare and all gifts and talents are appreciated, from work on the common to helping with publicity material and fund raising. There is no annual subscription but voluntary donations from families, who wish to receive regular briefings, are most welcome.
Countryside Day - Sunday 26th June This ever popular event takes place on Hayes Common adjacent to the Greyhound public house from 2pm to 5pm. A wide range of organisations connected with conservation and countryside pursuits will be present to display and sell their goods. Music will be provided by the Keston Primary School children and there will be dancing from the Ravensbourne Morris Men. The London Fire Brigade will also be in attendance to provide an insight to their work. Various refreshments will be available from stall holders. Entrance is free and all are welcome, especially children. Parking is available in the Commonside car-park. For further details click here.
Next Public Meeting Our next public Meeting will be on Wednesday 21st September 2016, at 7.30pm, in the Jubilee Room, Keston Village Hall. All are welcome.
Walk Programme 2016 This ever popular activity will now be extended throughout the year. Walks will be scheduled for 2pm on the first Wednesday of every month. For full details click here.
Safer Neighbourhood Watch It has been reported that a lot of scams are being enacted in our local area and all residents are asked to remain vigilant at all times. A booklet highlighting possible threats has been produced by the metropolitan police and is available for download here.
Keep up to date with activities, events and much more. Share your experiences.